What is International Wine DTC?
Intl DTC: Direct-To-Consumer Cross-Border
There are two ways when someone tries to sell or deliver wines to another country.
The traditional way: B2B2C
- A winery or an exporter sells to an importer in the destination country.
- The importer sells to a retailer.
- The retailer sells to the final consumer.
The new way: Intl DTC
- A winery or an exporter sells wines directly to a consumer cross-border (without importers and retailers).
Benefits for consumers
- Accessibility: By directly ordering from the winery, there is a broader selection of wines available than what they find in their local market.
- Authenticity: Each bottle is tracked directly from the winery, so the authenticity of the wines is guaranteed.
- Better pricing. Wines are typically less expensive using the DTC model because fewer "middlemen" are involved, and the DTC importation duties rate can be lower than that of the B2B2C model.
It is not about shipping. It is about Compliance.
The most critical part of this simplified DTC model is to file proper compliance. Wine as an alcoholic product is highly regulated around the world. Appropriate legal licenses, compliance documents, and records are required for export and import. Each destination country or region has different importation compliance requirements. That's where our specialization comes in to simplify the process with our technology.
At Gliding Eagle, we take care of the entire process for Intl Wine DTC as a frictionless user experience using technology, so our customers do not have to worry. It is fast and easy!
We are proud to be the trusted partner to 200+ ultra-premium winery clients and their customers in 50+ global destinations.
- List of the required information for proper compliance filings.
- Full services and pricing to Canada, Japan, the UK, and 50+ destinations.